- Computer aided assessment in mathematics at Heriot-Watt University
- Computer Aided Assessment of Mathematics Using STACK
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Snow Covered Palms.
- Computer aided assessment of mathematics.
- Computer-aided assessment?
- Moodle in English: Book, 'Computer Aided Assessment of Mathematics;
- Computer Aided Assessment of Mathematics.
- Great American Folk Arts Book 1 White Oak Basket Making?
- Find a copy in the library.
Archived from the original on 17 October Retrieved 22 February Categories : Software for teachers Computing stubs. Hidden categories: All stub articles.
Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history.
Computer aided assessment in mathematics at Heriot-Watt University
This computing article is a stub. Sign In. Access provided by: anon Sign Out.
- Kimiko and Other Japanese Sketches.
- Publisher Description!
- Computer Aided Assessment of Mathematics - Edinburgh Research Explorer!
Effective computer-aided assessment of mathematics; principles, practice and results Abstract: This article outlines some key issues for writing effective computer-aided assessment CAA questions in subjects with substantial mathematical or statistical content, especially the importance of control of random parameters and the encoding of wrong methods of solution mal-rules commonly used by students. The pros and cons of using CAA and different question types are discussed.
Computer Aided Assessment of Mathematics Using STACK
Issues surrounding the selection and encoding of mal-rules are highlighted, especially for multi-choice and responsive numerical input questions. Student answer file data from the use of over questions and their embedding within an overall assessment regime is analysed and presented to show that this has had a very beneficial effect on the examination performance of a large cohort of first-year economics students in their mathematics module over the last 6 years. The idea of underlying mal-rules is examined to see how far this explains this range.