- Emmy Lou : her book and heart (1 of 3) - UWDC - UW-Madison Libraries
- How did you like the book?
- Emmy Lou Her Heart, First Edition
- EMMY LOU: Her Book And Heart
- by MARTIN, George Madden
Emmy Lou : her book and heart (1 of 3) - UWDC - UW-Madison Libraries
Year : s. Digitizing Sponsor : MSN. View Book Page : Book Viewer. About This Book : Catalog Entry.
How did you like the book?
Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book. She neednt go back this year, said AuntCordelia when she heard, my precious baby! I will teach her at home, said Aunt Louise. There must be other Green and GoldBooks, said papa, growing on that sametree. But Uncle Charlie, with brows drawn into afrown, was wondering. Open Preview See a Problem? Details if other :. Thanks for telling us about the problem.
Emmy Lou Her Heart, First Edition
Return to Book Page. George Madden Martin pseudonym of Mrs. Attwood R. Martin tells the charming tale of a little girl who has trouble learning to spell and then wins a spelling bee. Emmy Lou Her Book and Heart was the author's most popular book.
Get A Copy. Hardcover , pages.
EMMY LOU: Her Book And Heart
Published July 1st by Kessinger Publishing first published More Details Original Title. Other Editions Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. Lists with This Book.
by MARTIN, George Madden
This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews.
Showing Rating details. More filters. Sort order.
- Emmy Lou: Her Book and Heart by George Madden Martin?
- Taken By The Wind: A Romantic Novella.
- Emmy Lou Her Heart, First Edition - AbeBooks.
- Das Turnier und die Jagd als charakteristische Merkmale des Rittertums im Mittelalter (German Edition).
- Mimes the Word?
- Image from page 162 of "Emmy Lou : her book & heart" (1903).
- George Madden Martin - Wikipedia;
Jan 21, Butterflycager rated it really liked it. My father's elderly aunt gave me her beloved copy of this book when I was a child, and I still cherish it. The synopsis mentions the spelling bee, but it's about much more than that - Emmy Lou is a motherless child being raised by her aunties while her father is away.
Each chapter of the book describes a year in Emmy Lou's educational life and her often difficult encounters with the educational system, teachers, and other children. I still love this little girl and wish I knew her personally.
- Conversate Is Not a Word: Getting Away from Ghetto.
- Confluence: A Novel.
- Navigation menu.
- La pratique de la terreur au nom de la démocratie (Afrique liberté) (French Edition)?
- Emmy Lou, Her Book and Heart by George Madden Martin, Paperback | Barnes & Noble®.
- Founders Keepers!
She only knew that to her the knowledge of the little boy concerning the things peculiar to the Primer World seemed limitless. And now the little boy was beckoning Emmy Lou. She did not know him, but neither did she know any of the seventy other little boys and girls making the Primer Class. Because of a popular prejudice against whooping-cough, Emmy Lou had not entered the Primer Class until late. When she arrived, the seventy little boys and girls were well along in Alphabetical lore, having long since passed the a, b, c of initiation, and become glibly eloquent to a point where the l, m, n, o, p slipped off their tongues with the liquid ease of repetition and familiarity.